Botanical Shabby Blogs

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday was Crochet Day, I guess

I am sorry that I haven't updated.  Not only am I horrible about blogging, but I've just been trying to sort things out in life (nothing major or anything; just readjusting and catching up). 

My mom called me on Sunday and made a request for a crocheted pouch for her phone.  She wanted something that would hang from her neck and just hold her phone, possibly snug, and it didn't need a flap.  I went over yesterday and made a chain to get the width right, then went around the chain with single crochet stitches to get the depth right.  I measured the height/length of the phone and did the rest in my own dwelling, so I hope it's right.  I'll find out later today. 
It's much more blue than shown, but I couldn't get a good picture.  Go figure.  The pouch is (hopefully) sized for her phone (which is huge, by the way) and the strap is fifty inches long.  I measured her and where she wanted it.  Hopefully, it works for her.  I really don't know when I became brave enough to make something without a pattern. 

While I was at my parents' house, my niece made a request of her own: mittens for her daughter.  I have never made mittens.  I've made myself a lovely pair of fingerless gloves, but never mittens.  I made one last night/this morning, though. :-)
I used this  pattern.  My wrist hates me and I'm pretty sure it's too big, but it's done.  I'll wait to see how it fits before making a second --and/or a smaller pair.  At least it's done, though. :-)  

Well, that's about it.  Sorry for the lack of content. 

♥,
Stephanie Grace






No comments:

Post a Comment