Botanical Shabby Blogs

Monday, November 3, 2014

Sunbonnet Sue Number Two

Since yesterday's Sunbonnet Sue ended up with a ring wrong-side forward, I knew that I had to do another just to prove that I really could tat her.  I'm still not in love with the pattern, but it tats up so easily (i.e. no natural stopping point so I don't really feel the need to put it down) that I might make a few more.  I guess that depends on if anyone on my Christmas card list voices a fondness for Sunbonnet Sues.  I'm a tad old-fashioned or something, so I'm used to people not agreeing with things that I like.  *shrugs* It happens.

She's done in Lizbeth size 20, Harvest Gold (699) and Victorian Red (670).  I think that I might try silver and blue for the next one again, but with the silver on the outside and blue for the chains.  I'm trying to keep her Christmas-y so I'm avoiding the flowery threads that seem like they'd be a good fit. 

I started a very scary (to me) pattern today, too.  Hopefully, it will work out okay, but thus far it's only confirmed that I *hate* super large rings. (Is there any way to make a ring of 36 stitches look neat?  I haven't mastered that skill yet.)  

Hope you're all having a lovely day.  The Giants are getting slaughtered, so it's probably about to become a cruddy night in my household. :-/

♥,
Stephanie Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment