Botanical Shabby Blogs

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Brave Little Toaster, I am Not

I decided to make a seahorse today.  The pattern is the The Amazing Jane Eborall's Medium Seahorse.  
 It's tatted in Salmon and Navy blue as that will be the basic color scheme for this nautical set.  I didn't read through the pattern before starting so I didn't take the shuttle switch into account.  Thus, the five beads on Shuttle 2 were on Shuttle 1 at that point and rendered useless. >.<  I learned two things, though: 
     1. Put the beads on Starting Shuttle 1. 
     2. Approx. 2-1/4 yard on Starting Shuttle Two means finger tatting the first half of the last three split rings and leaves a 10" tail at the end (I used a Sunlit Shuttle so the thread came off faster than with a Clover.).  The same amount on Starting Shuttle 1 leaves about 3/8 of a yard on the shuttle.

Good to know, right?  I think so.  I'm kind of obsessed with knowing how much thread to load.  

Oh! I should also mention that I used the un-amended pattern which I printed out years ago.  I was too lazy to make notes last night to see where it was changed, but the only problem I actually ran into was just me putting the beads on the wrong shuttle and ending up with the colors backward from what was wanted. ;-)

My first failed attempt at Sunbonnet Sue left a lot of thread on a shuttle and I've been too lazy to unwind it, so I decided to use it.
 This is one of Nancy Tracy's tatted musical notes.  It was a quick little tat, but I forgot that I downloaded the pattern to decorate paperclips.  I'll try it next time since there's still plenty of thread on the shuttle.  

Well, that's all for now.  Hope you all had a great day! 

♥,
Stephanie Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment