Botanical Shabby Blogs

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Tatting

I finished the spring-colored motif/ coaster.  By the third circle of rings, I noticed something staring me right in the face: Apple trees!  I have tatted this motif at least three or four times, but I don't remember seeing that before.  Now, I'm trying to figure out if I need to do this again with red and green or red and brown ... I'd like the brown for the trunks and green for the outlining of the treetops, but that would just be way too complicated for my fragile sanity.  Do you see apple trees, too?
The pattern is one motif from the "Wild Rose Tray Mat" on page 54 of The Tatter's Treasure Chest.  I like this motif, but I don't like them connected.  It's too busy for me.  

I also tatted a little pendant, but I have yet to hide the ends.  The pattern is "Compass Pendant" from Tatted Jewelry by Marilee Rockley.  It was one of those scary patterns that I probably wouldn't have tried if I'd read the pattern before starting, but I'm fairly certain that I've made this before, so I really shouldn't have felt that way.  I kept going even after I got scared, though... How else can one improve? ;-) 
The bead in the middle has a cat's eye effect that I *wish* would show itself in pictures.  I blame my old cell phone.  I love it, but it hates letting me take even one decent picture of anything. -_-  It's a total meanie-meanie, dumb-dumb butt. 

Well, that was my Saturday tatting.  Hope you're having a great weekend! 

♥,
Stephanie Grace
 

1 comment: