Botanical Shabby Blogs

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Beckoning Autumn

With only a few days left before Autumn begins, it's kind of weird that I grabbed an autumnal-colored thread, but I did.  Usually, I'm more likely to make snowflakes in the summer and dolphins and such in the winter.  I'm backward like that. (Actually, I think it's a mental game that I play with myself...) 

Today, I finished the "Jasmine Glass Mat" from The Tatter's Treasure Chest done Lizbeth size 20, Color #136, Autumn Spice.  I'm not a fan of flowers, so the pattern's name is completely lost on me. 
It was kind of fiddly to tat so it could use a bit of flattening, but I'll probably just throw it in a plastic shoe box and forget about it. (That's my norm.)  Also, look!  I finally straightened George!  He was on his head for at least a month.  Oops. 

I don't think that I'll be doing this one again, but I can tell you that it nailed everyone of my little tatting fears.  I added more shuttle thread (from a second ball which messed up the colorway... Ugh...).  I had to open a ring to fix a mistake.  I had to sew in more than two ends.  I'm telling you, I'm getting brave in my old age!  

It's about 4-1/4" from point to point so it's actually bigger than I expected for a glass mat ... and required way more thread that I anticipated for something so small.  I really need to come up with a better method of guesstimating how much thread to put on a shuttle. -_-  

Well, there's today project.  I started a Spring-colored motif tonight that works as a coaster/glass mat, so I might just have to make one for each season.  We shall see. 

Hope you had a great Thursday! 

♥,
Stephanie Grace

1 comment:

  1. Lovely colours and pattern, sorry it's a late comment just got back from Greece
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete