Botanical Shabby Blogs

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy New Year!

I've kind of challenged myself to do fifteen projects each month this year.  I'm sure if it will really happen, but I've completed eight thus far.  I am counting even tiny things otherwise there is no way I could even consider the thought.  

Without further rambling, here is what has been finished so far.
January Third - Women's Peaked Cap

 I actually hate the hat. :-/ I told myself that I was going to do the challenge set forth by The Crochet Crowd, though, so I did it.  It's just not something that I would choose to make.

These butterflies (Projects 2-6) were tatted with a special meaning which is not my business to talk about, so I'll leave it at that. 


Yesterday and today were both dedicated to making these bookmarks.  It is Fall Bookmark designed by Ms. Wanda.  They need tassels, but I figured they would just annoy me when I open my tatting tin, so I'll add those once I decide who is getting the bookmarks or go to use one. :-)  I love the pattern!  There are a lot of ends to sew in, but it's worth it.  For each inner motif, I used about 2-1/5 yards of shuttle thread.  For the outer round, I loaded four yards on to the shuttle and was left with about 3/4 of a yard left, so I'll try 3-1/2 for that next time.  Oh, thread... I used Lizbeth size 20, 658 and 663. 

Well, I hope you're all having a wonderful new year so far!  Type again soon! ;-)

♥,
Stephanie Grace

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the bookmarks! And thank you very much for pointing out the missing chain in the patter - I have fixed it :-) I do have a question - you say butterflies for that other picture but I see owls? Which look good, BTW. So does the hat, even if you don't care for it yourself.

    ReplyDelete