Botanical Shabby Blogs

Friday, January 9, 2015

A Day for My Cousin

Before I start today's ramblings, I totally meant 'owls' yesterday.  I find the typo too funny to correct, so it's staying.  Those tiny purple critters of flight are definitely owls, not butterflies.  Oops.

When my cousin saw the owls, she said she wanted one.  She used her manners and said, "please," so I went to work on one for her today.  Of course, they're tiny and work up quickly, so I ended up making two.


A few days ago, I started a hummingbird for the same cousin.  I didn't want to continue it with two extra ends to hide, so I went to work emptying the shuttles.  Thank goodness Jane has her fun little doodles available to us!  I grabbed my turtle pattern and...
 realized that I forgot to string on a bead when I got to the head. -_-  I decided to just close it and move on with my life, but when I close it, I saw a "Stitch" head so I had to add a body.  It made me giggle.  I might just play with this a big more.  I didn't think to make the body a SCMR.  

After that debacle, I went back to work with Jane's hummingbird doodle.
I actually made three.  One (the one on the right), I forgot to move the bead on the shuttle thread instead of my hand, so I ended up with a beaded picot instead of just an inner "eye."  The other two, the thread messed with me big time.  I chose a green bead and, of course, the head ended up at a green colorway.  I strung a blue bead and... Yeah, that would be the one on the left.  There really is  a bead there, I swear!

Guessing that it wasn't my day to doodle, I decided to tackle the other hummingbird (also one of Jane's patterns). 
I'm not sure how I feel about it... I think it would definitely be better if I did it in one sitting instead of days between the parts.  I'm not sure if I'll sew in the final two ends.  Might just leave it as something to be hung... 

Well, that's it for the day.  Project Count for 2015: 13 (14 if I find the other hummingbird). 

Hope you've had a wonderful week! 

♥,
Stephanie Grace
I told you I made three.  He flitted his way to the bottom of my tatting tin. >.<  Also, the blue one is the one is the one with the green eye.  You can't tell, but it transitioned to green.  It was the opposite with the bottom one.

No comments:

Post a Comment